1 envelope Knox Unflavored Gelatine
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup Praline Ligueur
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 can (16oz.) pumpkin (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
1/8 teaspoons cream of tartar
3/4 cup whipping or heavy cream, whipped
9 inch graham cracker crust
Peacan Nut topping
In medium saucepan, mix gelatine with sugar; blend in egg yolks beaten with liqueur and butter. Let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Blend in pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Pour into bowl and chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add cream of tartar and beat until stiff. Fold egg whites, then whipped cream into mixture. Turn 3/4 mixture into crust; chill until almost set. Spoon on remaining mixture; chill until firm. Garnish with Pecan Nut Topping and additional whipped cream. Makes about 8 servings. Pecan Nut Topping: Grease cookie sheet. In small skillet, combine 1/2 cup sugar, dash cream of tartar and 2 tablespoons water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes light caramel color. Stir in 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans. Quickly spread on cookie sheet; cool. Chop into small pieces.
My family and I enjoyed this recipe. I wouldn't change anything because I thought it was really good. There were plenty of leftovers to enjoy later. I hope you enjoy this recipe too.
No comments:
Post a Comment