2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
Several drops red food coloring (optional)
2 3-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups light cream or milk
1 4-serving-size package instant lemon pudding mix
1 9-inch graham cracker crust
Sliced strawberries
Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
In a large bowl mash the 2 cups strawberries. In a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water and mashed strawberries. Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in the lemon juice, butter or margarine, and the food coloring. Cover surface with clear plastic wrap. Cool, and then chill.
In a small mixer bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer till fluffy. Beat in cream till well blended. Add pudding mix; beat on low speed for 1 minute. Spoon half of the pudding mixture into the prepared crust. Top with half the strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Using a spatula, gently swirl top two layers to marble. Cover; chill to store. Garnish with strawberry slices and mint. Makes about 8 servings.
My family and I enjoyed this recipe. I didn't really make any changes because I thought it was a good recipe to begin with. I did use the red food coloring and some mint for the top of the pie. If you wanted to you could buy a pie shell, instead of making your own with the graham cracker crust. I hope you enjoy this recipe too.
This sounds really good! I love trying different kinds of strawberry pie, but cheese cake is so rich, so this sounds like a good compromise.
ReplyDelete