Monday, September 13, 2010

Meatza Pie

1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato soup                 1 teaspoon salt
1 egg, slightly beaten                                                1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs                                  1/8 teaspoon leaf oregano
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef                                         1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped onion                                    greeen or black olives, sliced

In large mixing bowl, stir together 1/4 cup of the soup, the egg, bread crumbs, ground beef, onion, salt, garlic and oregano. Pat mixture into pizza pan to form meat shell with rim about 1 inch high around edge. Speard remainder of soup over meat. Top with cheese. Garnish with olives slices, if desired. Place on cookie sheet. Bake in 450 F. oven 15 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve. Makes 8 servings.

For the most part this is a good recipe. I did change a few things though. Instead of using the dry bread crumbs I used Italian bread crumbs. I didn’t use the garlic and leaf oregano because I used the Italian bread crumbs which already has seasoning. I used co-jack cheese instead of Mozzarella cheese. My family though it was a good recipe and really liked the pizza. The three of us all had two piece of pizza and still had left overs. If you reheat or eat the pizza cold the next day it still tasted good.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I've never had anything like this, but it sounds similar a modified kind of casserole dish. Don't forget to tell your family about this blog, so they can try your grandma's recipes, also! I also liked how you gave a commentary on how you had changed it from the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds absolutely delicious, I think i might have my mom make it for me !

    ReplyDelete